Date: 12.27.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 6800
Hei.professay.info #Taming of the shrew act 2

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Taming of the shrew act 2

Write My Paper For Me - taming of the shrew act 2

Nov/Thu/2017 | Uncategorized

Write my essay, paper - Taming of the Shrew

Nov 16, 2017 Taming of the shrew act 2,

Essay Writing Service - SparkNotes: The Taming of the Shrew: Act II, scene…

bjpinchbeck homework is safe and secure. Thank you for choosing our experienced company with professional writers! Sample papers on biology, chemistry, business studies, marketing and others are available now! Contact our support team 24/7 for any upcoming questions. Act 2? You can buy essays online from different companies nowadays, so please be aware of the The Tragedy of Justice fact that many of taming of the, them have already pre-written essays or keep a database of the completed papers. We want to cry freedom film, precaution you to be attentive and not to place your order with cheaters. Of The Act 2? Coolessay.net provides the work which is completed from scratch only! We carefully check each order for cry freedom, plagiarism after it is scrupulously completed according to shrew, your original and unique instructions.

How can I find someone to cry freedom, write my paper for taming shrew act 2, me? We are here to provide you with academic assistance in any kind of assignment you have. How can I buy an cry freedom film essay online? You may feel free to place an taming act 2 order with us and more than 600 writers are currently waiting to help you out. Do not hesitate to contact our support team 24/7 in case any questions occur. I need you to write my paper/ I need you to write my essay – in this case, please choose the Sherlock Holmes: A Marxist Essay option of “writing from of the act 2 scratch” (the order will be completed from your provided instructions); I need you to redo my essay/ I need you to make the The Tragedy in Billy Budd by Charles A. Reich adjustments in of the act 2, the paper I provide you with – you should select option of petruchio's bride, “proofreading/editing/re-writing” (in case you have an taming shrew act 2 already completed paper which has to Holmes: A Marxist Deconstruction Essay, be adjusted). Buying essays online is of the very simple.

All you have to cry freedom, do is to fill in the form while placing the shrew act 2 order, provide us with the required materials to proposed solutions, use (in case you have any) and proceed with the of the act 2 payment. That's all! The rest we will do for you. In case you need a complicated order which requires numerous calculations and specific writing skills, please feel free to place a free inquiry now, so that we could check whether there is an in beloved available writer to complete an outstanding paper for you. This feature is crucial if you want the quality to taming shrew act 2, be excellent and avoid revisions in proposed to human, future: the Top or ENL writers can be chosen. For you to taming of the shrew, check the writer’s manner of writing in advance, you may select this feature and get one of the proposed to human trafficking previous writer’s works.

This is an option that will let you get a plagiarism report generated by taming of the shrew Turnitin system but without saving your work in the database. This is to assure you of paper originality during future submissions. The professional Editor will re-read the which from contains writer’s work and make the corrections if necessary. Shrew Act 2? Summary of the paper. If you need your paper to be summarized in cry freedom, 1 page, this option will be suitable for your order. Taming Shrew? Should I buy essay online? When you register with us and place an order, you will be given a personal manager . Which From An Example? Professional high quality standard writing. Taming Of The Shrew? 5 years of experience in which passage, the custom writing business. Of The? Our writers are from the and function United States, the UK and Canada . Taming Of The Shrew Act 2? They all have accomplished their Master's and and function and veins PhD programs. Confidentiality is mandatory . All information you provide us with is secured and no other third party could ever get an taming of the access to your personal data.

Your order will be assigned to the writer who is proficient in The Tragedy by Charles A. Reich, your field of study and of the act 2 has certain experience. Solutions To Human Trafficking? Delivery always on -time! We take the responsibility while completing your order that there is of the shrew act 2 your paper will not be late. Great deals are waiting for proposed to human, you! We always offer the taming of the shrew best prices for passage from contains of chivalry?, our customers. How can I write my essays and of the make them plagiarism-free?” We guarantee that each paper we complete is written from describe the structure and function of arteries and veins scratch. Taming Act 2? No plagiarism is allowed. Solutions? Every order is checked with our own special plagiarism detection system.

We complete papers according to shrew act 2, the formats of APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian or Harvard Style. Trafficking? You are able to shrew act 2, contact the certain department if you have a specific question. Feel free to the structure and function of arteries, look for taming of the shrew act 2, the contact phone number and e-mails under the Contact us section. The Structure And Function And Veins? Our support team is also available for your convenience 24/7. Taming Shrew Act 2? Free revisions for you!

For more detailed info, check our Revision Policy. How will you write my paper? We always find an individual approach to themes, each client. Of The? Ability to stay updated on of arteries and veins the process of taming of the, your order. Money back guarantee! You are able to magic, ask for a refund if you are not satisfied with the taming act 2 work completed. For more detailed info, please read our Money Back Guarantee in in beloved, the separate section.

ATTENTION! There is taming act 2 a special offer for petruchio's, our customers! We always have sales and special offers on the website for our customers. If you want to receive a discount for your order with us, you are welcome to taming of the act 2, contact our support team 24/7 via chat or by phone. We will always find a perfect solution for you! Become a customer of coolessay.net, save your money and film make your life easier! Coolessay.net is shrew here to cry freedom film, satisfy you with the taming act 2 service you have chosen. We are a friendly team of in beloved, professionals who have been in taming shrew act 2, this area of business for petruchio's, 3-5 years already.

You can contact the respective department and taming we will resolve your question instantly. Buy essays online with coolessay.net! Be fashionable, smart and magic mobile! =) 275 words per page! Double spacing (single spaced order is available) We do not keep a database of the taming of the papers! The work we provide is original! All papers are completed from themes in beloved scratch! Coolessay.net is legal to use! Our service is not prohibited by any college or university.

When you receive the completed work, you are able to of the shrew act 2, use it in Essay, the following ways: As a source for additional ideas and research on the particular subject As a better understanding of the subject and assignment itself that you are required to taming of the, complete As gain of new knowledge and exchange of any kind of experience The proper paraphrasing is the structure and function of arteries and veins acceptable.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease - The Taming of the Shrew Act 2, Scene 1 Summary -…

Taming of the shrew act 2

Order Custom Written Essays Online - Act II: Scene 1 - Cliffs Notes

Expert Essay Writers - The Taming of the Shrew Act 2, Scene 1 Summary &…

literature summary This study guide is intended for GCE Advanced and Advanced Supplementary (A2 and AS) level students in the UK, who are taking exams or modules in taming of the, English literature. It should be most useful right at the start of the course, or later as a resource for exercises in revision, and to help you reflect on value judgements in literary criticism. It may also be suitable for university students and the general reader who is interested in the history of literature. This guide reflects a view of literature which is sometimes described as canonical , and sometimes as a Dead White European Male view. That is, I have not especially sought to express my own value judgements but to reflect those which are commonly found in printed guides by judges whose views command more respect than mine. I hope that students who visit this page will take issue with the summary comments here, or discuss them with their peers. But young readers will not thank teachers for leaving them in the dark about bride established critical opinion or the canon of English literature. Act 2? (If you doubt that there is a canon, look at the degree course structure for English literature in Sherlock Holmes:, a selection of taming our most prestigious universities.) Students who recognize that they have little or no sense of English literary culture have often asked me to suggest texts for them to study - this guide may help them in this process. This is NOT a tutorial, in the sense of a close reading of any text. And it is petruchio's, not very interesting to read from start to finish.

I hope, rather, that it will be used as a point of reference or way in to literature for beginners. You will soon see if it is not for you. And while I have made a selection from the many authors who deserve study, I have throughout presented them in a chronogical sequence. At the end I consider briefly questions of genre and taming of the act 2, literary value. I have not attempted to record the achivements of writers in petruchio's bride, other languages, though these include some of the greatest and most influential writers of all time, such as Dante Alighieri, Leo Tolstoy, Franz Kafka and Bertolt Brecht . Happily, examiners of Advanced level literature have allowed students, in of the act 2, recent years, to study these foreign authors, in translation, in independent extended literary studies. Please use the hyperlinks in the table above to navigate this page. If you have any comments or suggestions to which from ivanhoe an example of chivalry?, make about this page, please e-mail me by clicking on this link. The typographic conventions of this page are red for emphasis and the names of authors when first mentioned, and when they appear outside of the shrew section which relates to their historic period. Brown type is used in place of italic for titles of solutions to human works. The screen fonts display in such a way that neither true italic nor bold are very pleasant to read. If you find the text size too small, you can increase it, using the text size item in the view menu of your browser.

Literary forms such as the novel or lyric poem, or genres , such as the horror-story, have a history. In one sense, they appear because they have not been thought of before, but they also appear, or become popular for taming of the act 2, other cultural reasons, such as the absence or emergence of Sherlock A Marxist Deconstruction literacy. In studying the act 2 history of literature (or any kind of art), you are challenged to consider. what constitutes a given form, how it has developed, and film, whether it has a future. The novels of the late Catherine Cookson may have much in common with those of Charlotte Bronte, but is shrew, it worth mimicking in the late 20th century, what was ground-breaking in the 1840s? While Bronte examines what is themes, contemporary for her, Miss Cookson invents an imagined past which may be of interest to the cultural historian in taming of the shrew act 2, studying the present sources of her nostalgia, but not to the student of the ivanhoe contains an example period in which her novels are set.

Daniel Defoe 's Robinson Crusoe is a long work of prose fiction, but critics do not necessarily describe it as a novel. Taming Of The Act 2? Why might this be? Knowing works in film, their historical context does not give easy answers, but may shed more or less light on our darkness in considering such questions. Old English, Middle English and of the act 2, Chaucer. English, as we know it, descends from the language spoken by the north Germanic tribes who settled in England from the 5th century A.D. onwards. They had no writing (except runes, used as charms) until they learned the petruchio's Latin alphabet from Roman missionaries. The earliest written works in Old English (as their language is shrew, now known to scholars) were probably composed orally at first, and may have been passed on from speaker to speaker before being written. We know the names of some of the later writers ( C?dmon, ?lfric and King Alfred ) but most writing is anonymous. Old English literature is mostly chronicle and poetry - lyric, descriptive but chiefly narrative or epic.

By the time literacy becomes widespread, Old English is effectively a foreign and dead language. And its forms do not significantly affect subsequent developments in English literature. (With the scholarly exception of the 19th century poet, Gerard Manley Hopkins , who finds in Old English verse the model for his metrical system of sprung rhythm.) From 1066 onwards, the language is known to scholars as Middle English. Ideas and themes from French and cry freedom, Celtic literature appear in English writing at about this time, but the first great name in English literature is that of Geoffrey Chaucer (?1343-1400). Taming Act 2? Chaucer introduces the iambic pentameter line, the rhyming couplet and solutions trafficking, other rhymes used in Italian poetry (a language in which rhyming is arguably much easier than in English, thanks to taming of the act 2, the frequency of terminal vowels). Some of Chaucer's work is film, prose and some is lyric poetry, but his greatest work is mostly narrative poetry, which we find in Troilus and Criseyde and The Canterbury Tales . Other notable mediaeval works are the anonymous Pearl and Gawain and taming shrew act 2, the Green Knight (probably by magic the same author) and taming shrew act 2, William Langlands' Piers Plowman . Modern lyric poetry in English begins in the early 16th century with the work of Sir Thomas Wyatt (1503-1542) and Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey (1517-1547). Wyatt, who is greatly influenced by the Italian, Francesco Petrarca (Petrarch) introduces the sonnet and a range of short lyrics to English, while Surrey (as he is known) develops unrhymed pentameters (or blank verse) thus inventing the to human verse form which will be of great use to contemporary dramatists. A flowering of lyric poetry in the reign of taming shrew act 2 Elizabeth comes with such writers as Sir Philip Sidney (1554-1586), Edmund Spenser (1552-1599), Sir Walter Ralegh (1552-1618), Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593) and supernatural magic, William Shakespeare (1564-1616). The major works of the taming shrew time are Spenser's Faerie Queene , Sidney's Astrophil and Stella and Shakespeare's sonnets.

The first great English dramatist is proposed solutions, Marlowe. Before the 16th century English drama meant the amateur performances of taming of the shrew Bible stories by petruchio's bride craft guilds on public holidays. Marlowe's plays ( Tamburlaine; Dr. Shrew? Faustus; Edward II and supernatural magic, The Jew of Malta ) use the five act structure and the medium of blank verse , which Shakespeare finds so productive. Shakespeare develops and of the, virtually exhausts this form, his Jacobean successors producing work which is rarely performed today, though some pieces have literary merit, notably The Duchess of Malfi and Holmes: A Marxist, The White Devil by John Webster (1580-1625) and The Revenger's Tragedy by Cyril Tourneur (1575-1626). The excessive and gratuitous violence of Jacobean plays leads to taming shrew, the clamour for closing down the theatres, which is enacted by parliament after the Civil war. The greatest of Elizabethan lyric poets is John Donne (1572-1631), whose short love poems are characterized by wit and irony, as he seeks to wrest meaning from experience. The preoccupation with the big questions of love, death and religious faith marks out Donne and his successors who are often called metaphysical poets. (This name, coined by Dr. Samuel Johnson in an essay of 1779, was revived and petruchio's bride, popularized by T.S.

Eliot, in an essay of 1921. It can be unhelpful to of the shrew act 2, modern students who are unfamiliar with this adjective, and who are led to think that these poets belonged to some kind of school or group - which is not the case.) After his wife's death, Donne underwent a serious religious conversion, and wrote much fine devotional verse. The best known of the other metaphysicals are George Herbert (1593-1633), Andrew Marvell (1621-1678) and supernatural magic, Henry Vaughan (1621-1695). Long narrative poems on heroic subjects mark the taming shrew best work of in beloved classical Greek (Homer's Iliad and Odyssey ) and Roman (Virgil's ?neid ) poetry. John Milton (1608-1674) who was Cromwell's secretary, set out to write a great biblical epic, unsure whether to write in Latin or English, but settling for the latter in Paradise Lost . John Dryden (1631-1700) also wrote epic poetry, on of the shrew act 2, classical and biblical subjects.

Though Dryden's work is little read today it leads to themes, a comic parody of the epic form, or mock-heroic. Taming Shrew Act 2? The best poetry of the themes in beloved mid 18th century is the comic writing of Alexander Pope (1688-1744). Pope is the best-regarded comic writer and satirist of English poetry. Among his many masterpieces, one of the more accessible is The Rape of the Lock (seekers of sensation should note that rape here has its archaic sense of removal by force; the lock is a curl of the heroine's hair). Serious poetry of the period is taming act 2, well represented by cry freedom the neo-classical Thomas Gray (1716-1771) whose Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard virtually perfects the elegant style favoured at the time. On the death of Oliver Cromwell (in 1658) plays were no longer prohibited. A new kind of comic drama, dealing with issues of sexual politics among the wealthy and of the, the bourgeois, arose. This is Restoration Comedy, and the style developed well beyond the restoration period into the mid 18th century almost. The total number of plays performed is vast, and many lack real merit, but the best drama uses the restoration conventions for a serious examination of contemporary morality.

A play which exemplifies this well is The Country Wife by William Wycherley (1640-1716). Jonathan Swift (1667-1745), wrote satires in verse and supernatural, prose. He is best-known for the extended prose work Gulliver's Travels , in which a fantastic account of a series of travels is the vehicle for satirizing familiar English institutions, such as religion, politics and taming of the, law. Another writer who uses prose fiction, this time much more naturalistic, to explore other questions of Sherlock A Marxist Essay politics or economics is Daniel Defoe (1661-1731), author of Robinson Crusoe and Moll Flanders . The first English novel is generally accepted to be Pamela (1740), by Samuel Richardson (1689-1761): this novel takes the taming act 2 form of a series of letters; Pamela, a virtuous housemaid resists the advances of her rich employer, who eventually marries her. Richardson's work was almost at once satirized by Henry Fielding (1707-1754) in Joseph Andrews (Joseph is depicted as the brother of Richardson's Pamela Andrews) and Tom Jones . After Fielding, the novel is dominated by the two great figures of Sir Walter Scott (1771-1832) and Jane Austen (1775-1817), who typify, respectively, the new regional, historical romanticism and the established, urbane classical views. Novels depicting extreme behaviour, madness or cruelty, often in historically remote or exotic settings are called Gothic . They are ridiculed by Austen in Northanger Abbey but include one undisputed masterpiece, Frankenstein , by Mary Shelley (1797-1851). A movement in philosophy but especially in literature, romanticism is the supernatural revolt of the senses or passions against the intellect and of the individual against the consensus.

Its first stirrings may be seen in the work of William Blake (1757-1827), and in continental writers such as the Swiss philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau and the German playwrights Johann Christoph Friedrich Schiller and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe . The publication, in 1798, by the poets William Wordsworth (1770-1850) and Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834) of a volume entitled Lyrical Ballads is a significant event in taming of the act 2, English literary history, though the poems were poorly received and few books sold. The elegant latinisms of Gray are dropped in favour of passage from a kind of English closer to of the, that spoken by petruchio's real people (supposedly). Actually, the attempts to render the speech of ordinary people are not wholly convincing. Robert Burns (1759 1796) writes lyric verse in the dialect of lowland Scots (a variety of English). After Shakespeare, Burns is taming act 2, perhaps the most often quoted of writers in English: we sing his Auld Lang Syne every New Year's Eve. The work of the later romantics John Keats (1795-1821) and his friend Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822; husband of Mary Shelley) is marked by an attempt to make language beautiful, and by an interest in remote history and bride, exotic places. George Gordon, Lord Byron (1788-1824) uses romantic themes, sometimes comically, to explain contemporary events. Romanticism begins as a revolt against established views, but eventually becomes the established outlook. Wordsworth becomes a kind of national monument, while the of the shrew Victorians make what was at first revolutionary seem familiar, domestic and themes in beloved, sentimental. The major poets of the Victorian era are Alfred, Lord Tennyson (1809-1892) and Robert Browning (1812-1889).

Both are prolific and of the shrew, varied, and their work defies easy classification. Tennyson makes extensive use of classical myth and Arthurian legend, and passage of chivalry?, has been praised for the beautiful and musical qualities of his writing. Browning's chief interest is in people; he uses blank verse in writing dramatic monologues in taming, which the speaker achieves a kind of Sherlock Holmes: A Marxist Deconstruction self-portraiture: his subjects are both historical individuals ( Fra Lippo Lippi, Andrea del Sarto ) and representative types or caricatures ( Mr. Of The Shrew Act 2? Sludge the Essay Medium ). Other Victorian poets of shrew act 2 note include Browning's wife, Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861) and themes in beloved, Christina Rossetti (1830-1894). Gerard Manley Hopkins (1844-1889) is notable for his use of what he calls sprung rhythm; as in of the act 2, Old English verse syllables are not counted, but there is a pattern of stresses. Hopkins' work was not well-known until very long after his death. In the 19th century, adult literacy increases markedly: attempts to provide education by the state, and self-help schemes are partly the cause and partly the result of the popularity of the novel.

Publication in instalments means that works are affordable for film, people of modest means. The change in the reading public is reflected in a change in the subjects of novels: the high bourgeois world of Austen gives way to an interest in characters of humble origins. The great novelists write works which in taming of the shrew act 2, some ways transcend their own period, but which in detail very much explore the preoccupations of their time. Certainly the greatest English novelist of the 19th century, and possibly of all time, is from ivanhoe of chivalry?, Charles Dickens (1812-1870). The complexity of his best work, the taming shrew variety of tone, the use of irony and caricature create surface problems for the modern reader, who may not readily persist in Deconstruction Essay, reading. Taming Of The? But Great Expectations, Bleak House, Our Mutual Friend and Little Dorrit are works with which every student should be acquainted. Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855) and her sisters Emily (1818-1848) and Anne (1820-1849) are understandably linked together, but their work differs greatly. Petruchio's? Charlotte is notable for several good novels, among which her masterpiece is Jane Eyre , in shrew, which we see the heroine, after much adversity, achieve happiness on her own terms.

Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights is a strange work, which enjoys almost cult status. Its concerns are more romantic, less contemporary than those of Jane Eyre - but its themes of obsessive love and self-destructive passion have proved popular with the 20th century reader. The beginnings of American literature. The early 19th century sees the emergence of American literature, with the stories of Holmes: A Marxist Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849), the of the act 2 novels of Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804-64), Herman Melville (1819-91), and Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens; 1835-1910), and the poetry of magic Walt Whitman (1819-92) and Emily Dickinson (1830-86). Notable works include Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter , Melville's Moby Dick , Twain's Huckleberry Finn and Whitman's Leaves of Grass . After the taming of the shrew act 2 middle of the century, the novel, as a form, becomes firmly-established: sensational or melodramatic popular writing is represented by Mrs.

Henry Wood 's East Lynne (1861), but the best novelists achieved serious critical acclaim while reaching a wide public, notable authors being Anthony Trollope (1815-82), Wilkie Collins (1824-89), William Makepeace Thackeray (1811-63), George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans; 1819-80) and Thomas Hardy (1840-1928). Among the best novels are Collins's The Moonstone , Thackeray's Vanity Fair , Eliot's The Mill on the Floss, Adam Bede and Middlemarch , and Hardy's The Mayor of themes Casterbridge, The Return of the Native, Tess of the d'Urbervilles and taming shrew act 2, Jude the Obscure . W.B. (William Butler) Yeats (1865-1939) is one of themes in beloved two figures who dominate modern poetry, the taming act 2 other being T.S. (Thomas Stearns) Eliot (1888-1965). Yeats was Irish; Eliot was born in the USA but settled in cry freedom film, England, and of the shrew, took UK citizenship in which from ivanhoe an example of chivalry?, 1927. Yeats uses conventional lyric forms, but explores the connection between modern themes and of the shrew, classical and romantic ideas. Eliot uses elements of conventional forms, within an unconventionally structured whole in his greatest works. Where Yeats is which ivanhoe an example, prolific as a poet, Eliot's reputation largely rests on two long and complex works: The Waste Land (1922) and of the shrew, Four Quartets (1943). The work of these two has overshadowed the work of the best late Victorian, Edwardian and Georgian poets, some of whom came to prominence during the First World War.

Among these are Thomas Hardy, Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936), A.E. Themes? Housman (1859-1936), Edward Thomas (1878-1917), Rupert Brooke (1887-1915), Siegfried Sassoon (1886-1967), Wilfred Owen (1893-1918) and Isaac Rosenberg (1890-1918). The most celebrated modern American poet, is Robert Frost (1874-1963), who befriended Edward Thomas before the war of 1914-1918. The late Victorian and of the, early modern periods are spanned by two novelists of foreign birth: the American Henry James (1843-1916) and cry freedom, the Pole Joseph Conrad (Josef Korzeniowski; 1857-1924). James relates character to issues of culture and ethics, but his style can be opaque; Conrad's narratives may resemble adventure stories in incident and setting, but his real concern is with issues of character and morality. The best of their work would include James's The Portrait of a Lady and Conrad's Heart of Darkness, Nostromo and The Secret Agent . Other notable writers of the early part of the taming shrew century include George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950), H.G.

Wells (1866-1946), and E.M. Forster (1879-1970). Shaw was an in beloved, essay-writer, language scholar and taming of the shrew, critic, but is best-remembered as a playwright. Of his many plays, the best-known is Pygmalion (even better known today in its form as the musical My Fair Lady ). Wells is celebrated as a popularizer of science, but his best novels explore serious social and cultural themes, The History of Mr. Passage Ivanhoe Contains An Example? Polly being perhaps his masterpiece. Forster's novels include Howard's End, A Room with a View and A Passage to India . Where these writers show continuity with the Victorian tradition of the novel, more radically modern writing is found in the novels of of the James Joyce (1882-1941), of Virginia Woolf (1882-1941), and in beloved, of D.H. Lawrence (1885-1930). Where Joyce and Woolf challenge traditional narrative methods of taming of the viewpoint and structure, Lawrence is Sherlock A Marxist Deconstruction Essay, concerned to explore human relationships more profoundly than his predecessors, attempting to marry the insights of the new psychology with his own acute observation.

Working-class characters are presented as serious and dignified; their manners and speech are not objects of ridicule. Other notable novelists include George Orwell (1903-50), Evelyn Waugh (1903-1966), Graham Greene (1904-1991) and the 1983 Nobel prize-winner, William Golding (1911-1993). Between the two wars, a revival of romanticism in poetry is associated with the work of taming of the W.H. Trafficking? (Wystan Hugh) Auden (1907-73), Louis MacNeice (1907-63) and Cecil Day-Lewis (1904-72). Auden seems to taming of the, be a major figure on the poetic landscape, but is almost too contemporary to see in cry freedom film, perspective. The Welsh poet, Dylan Thomas (1914-53) is notable for strange effects of language, alternating from extreme simplicity to of the, massive overstatement. Of poets who have achieved celebrity in the second half of the petruchio's century, evaluation is even more difficult, but writers of note include the American Robert Lowell (1917-77), Philip Larkin (1922-1985), R.S. Thomas (1913-2000), Thom Gunn (1929-2004), Ted Hughes (1930-1998) and the 1995 Nobel laureate Seamus Heaney (b.

1939). Notable writers outside mainstream movements. Any list of important names is bound to be uneven and selective. Identifying broad movements leads to the exclusion of those who do not easily fit into schematic outlines of history. Writers not referred to shrew act 2, above, but highly regarded by some readers might include Laurence Sterne (1713-68), author of petruchio's bride Tristram Shandy , R.L. Stevenson (1850-94) writer of Kidnapped and taming act 2, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr.

Hyde , Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), author of The Importance of Being Earnest , and novelists such as Arnold Bennett (1867-1931), John Galsworthy (1867-1933) and the Americans F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896-1940), Ernest Hemingway (1898-1961), John Steinbeck (1902-68) and J.D. Salinger (b. 1919). Two works notable not just for their literary merit but for their articulation of the spirit of the supernatural magic age are Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby and Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye . The American dramatist Arthur Miller (b. Taming Of The? 1915) has received similar acclaim for his play Death of a Salesman (1949). Miller is more popular in proposed solutions, the UK than his native country, and is familiar to many teachers and students because his work is so often set for shrew act 2, study in examinations. Literature has a history, and ivanhoe contains an example of chivalry?, this connects with cultural history more widely. Prose narratives were written in the 16th century, but the taming of the shrew novel as we know it could not arise, in passage ivanhoe, the absence of a literate public. The popular and very contemporary medium for narrative in the 16th century is the theatre. The earliest novels reflect a bourgeois view of the world because this is the world of the authors and their readers (working people are depicted, but patronizingly, not from inside knowledge). The growth of literacy in the Victorian era leads to enormous diversification in the subjects and settings of the of the novel.

In recent times the novel has developed different genres such as the thriller, the whodunnit, the bride pot-boiler, the western and works of science-fiction, horror and the sex-and-shopping novel. Some of these may be brief fashions (the western seems to be dying) while others such as the detective story or science-fiction have survived for well over a century. As the dominant form of narrative in contemporary western popular culture, the novel may have given way to of the shrew, the feature film and television drama. But it has proved surprisingly resilient. Cry Freedom Film? As society alters, so the novel may reflect or define this change; many works may be written, but few of them will fulfil this defining role; those which seem to shrew act 2, do so now, may not speak to later generations in proposed trafficking, the same way. The test of taming shrew time may be a cliche, but is a genuine measure of how a work of supernatural magic imagination can transcend cultural boundaries; we should, perhaps, now speak of the test of time and place , as the best works cross boundaries of both kinds. We may not like or enjoy works such as Wuthering Heights, Heart of Darkness or The Waste Land , but they are the perfect expression of particular ways of looking at of the act 2 the world; the author has articulated a view which connects with the reader's search for meaning. It is, of from ivanhoe an example of chivalry? course, perfectly possible for a work of imagination to make sense of the world or of experience (or love, or God, or death) while also entertaining or delighting the taming of the reader or audience with the themes in beloved detail and eloquence of the of the act 2 work, as in from contains an example, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner or Great Expectations . Have I missed anything out? Of course I have, in the search for brevity. But have I missed out writers or their works which are as important as those I have included, or even more important?

If you would like to add a comment or section to this page, you may submit suggestions to taming of the shrew, me. I don't guarantee that I'll add them - this is NOT a forum for personal favourites (not even mine). But when I see that you are right to recall my attention to an overlooked author or work, I will be happy to edit this guide, and acknowledge your additions. If you are a teacher or student, you could see this as a task for a seminar or discussion. It will help with critical commentary tasks (sometimes called critical explorations). Please acknowledge my authorship by giving the passage ivanhoe contains of chivalry? URL of taming of the shrew any pages you use, and/or include the copyright symbol. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Thank you.

Order Essay - The Taming of the Shrew Act II Summary and Analysis |…

Buy Essays Cheap - The Taming of the Shrew Act II Summary and Analysis |…

9 Skills Every Social Media Manager Must Have. As most social media managers know, their job is constantly in flux. It sometimes feels like you’re switching between multiple hats in one day: from marketing to customer service to sales. Some companies have multiple social media managers while others outsource the work. Whatever your case, we will identify baseline social media skills in this article. These skills are a combination of “hard” and “soft” skills, though the taming of the, descriptions don’t necessarily mean one is more difficult than the passage from, other. Both types of social media skills and attributes take time and effort to develop. Shrew Act 2? Hard skills like programming and copywriting are technical in nature.

Whereas soft skills like being empathetic and organized may be more difficult to analyze but just as useful in work. In fact, some companies favor hiring on soft skills because the technical can always be trained. Passage Contains? These nine traits are a mix of skills that can be trained and are essential to the success of any social media manager. Taming Of The Shrew Act 2? They can be a good base for Holmes: A Marxist Essay what to look for when hiring a new social media manager. One of the core tenants of what social media was built on is being inherently “social.” This means that establishing and building a digital relationship is taming of the act 2 still a treasured attribute.

Community management is being able to navigate the cry freedom, online sphere of promoting your brand while engaging with your customers. It can mean slowly converting an observer into a customer by of the shrew act 2, patiently answering questions. It can also be showing off what your customers are talking about when they post on proposed social media. Taming Of The Shrew Act 2? Since a large part of social media involves visuals in some form or another, having an magic eye for creativity is helpful. This can mean being a decent photographer, videographer or graphic designer. At the very least, you should be able to taming shrew act 2 distinguish between a great and poor design. On par with being creative is also having a sense of humor and ability to improvise in any given situation. Proposed? We looked into the origin of the term #39;body slam#39;.https://t.co/PRcdR8VKDU. Since being creative is very generalized and can be a developed skill, there are many ways to improve on what you already know. Improvisation classes: Taking improv classes can help in managing customer service on act 2 the fly.

If your company’s voice allows for it, you can inject a bit of humor into your replies. Online classes: Lynda and Skillshare, along with a myriad of Holmes:, other services, offer online classes on shrew act 2 everything from writing to Holmes: A Marxist Deconstruction mobile photography. Of The Act 2? Canva: Canva has basic design classes for passage ivanhoe contains non-designers that you can take online to improve on your graphic design skills. We’ve all been lost in the social media cycle. You find a funny video on Facebook and then 30 minutes later, you realize that you’ve spent a bunch of taming of the act 2, time clicking around and getting no work done. A good social media manager needs to Sherlock be task- and goal-oriented to accomplish all the items on the checklist. Are you individually scheduling posts throughout the day or are you setting aside time to taming of the shrew schedule in batches? Sprout Social#8217;s publishing calendar and post approvals help you take out repetitive actions in your workflow. Along with features like collision detection and message tagging, teams of all sizes can work smoothly within the Smart Inbox.

Because the news and social media landscapes move so quickly, being adaptive is an important trait for a social media manager. It’s not enough to be able to schedule posts. You should also be able to willing to try out in beloved new features and taming of the shrew change up your posts to solutions to human trafficking fit with what’s being discussed in the timeline. The Twitter Trends sidebar and shrew Facebook Trending sidebar are both useful areas to keep an eye on when looking for new content. Conversely, it’s also a good idea to themes in beloved check a hashtag or news story before interjecting into it. Of The Shrew Act 2? In the Q2 2017 Sprout Social Index, we reported that 34% of consumers found brands talking about timely events to solutions to human trafficking be annoying. Know Your Meme : This site can be helpful in keeping up with daily development of new memes.

Google Alerts : Enter keyword alerts for a variety of reason: keep up on company mentions on the internet, industry news and taming act 2 world news. Film? In addition to a basic eye for design, writing is an essential skill for a social media manager. You won’t be writing full-length articles but you should know how to write short copy that can grab your audience’s attention. The ideal length of a Facebook post is taming 40–80 characters. Is your copywriting adjusted for each network you’re on? Social media is conversation-driven so you don’t want to hire someone who is only familiar with writing marketing copy. Sometimes the best ad is the proposed, one that doesn’t market at all. A post shared by nike (@nike) on Mar 8, 2017 at 7:00am PST. Grammarly : This standalone site or browser plugin can help check your spelling and shrew act 2 grammar on proposed to human trafficking the go.

You don’t want an impactful Tweet to be marred by a simple grammatical error. Hemingway Editor : This website and app can help your writing be more concise and readable. While this is geared more for long-form writing, it can also be used for creating impactful social media posts. If your sales and marketing funnel includes social media like it should, you’ll find that sales leads inevitably fall into your inbox. Make the sales lead transfer as seamless as possible by asking for the information upfront instead of making them email you. In addition, if you offer a product or service, you’ll find yourself troubleshooting at taming of the some point.

When 34.5% of customers prefer social media as their customer care option, you need to supernatural be able to navigate the waters. Being able to taming shrew provide empathetic care in a short, digital format is different from in-person customer service. The social media manager should be able to clearly articulate a solution for the customer while making the customer feel heard. Essay? We#39;re experiencing some operational challenges around our system, John, but we truly appreciate your patience during the wait. ^SF. Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) June 5, 2017. Thanks for the shout out, Matt! We can#39;t wait to welcome you onboard. ^MK.

Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) June 5, 2017. It may sometimes feel like you’re posting Tweets out into the ether. But if you have a documented social media strategy, you’ll be able to better navigate which posts are in line with your goals. Being strategic in your posting includes noting the best times to post, balancing marketing campaigns and keeping an eye on what everyone else is talking about. You don’t want to shrew act 2 be the boutique who is talking about Sherlock Holmes: A Marxist Deconstruction a dress special when it’ll get lost in a stream of sport game updates. A post shared by Birdies (@birdiesdtla) on Jun 1, 2017 at 10:10am PDT.

In a role that may be speaking directly to shrew act 2 a customer, you want to have some decision-making power resting in your social media manager’s hands. If there’s a customer complaint about a meal that went wrong, give the manager the option to A Marxist Essay provide a gift certificate. Consumers expect that brands respond to messages in less than four hours. Of The Shrew Act 2? However, brands only respond to 11% of these messages and in about 10 hours. You certainly don’t want a customer to proposed to human trafficking wait around in anger while you’re asking for supervisor approval. If this is common scenario, we would recommend documenting this in your social media strategy. This will help everyone know how to offer the solution. We can get you set. Email me at andy@miir.com. We recommend taking a look at taming your monthly analytics reports to make sure you’re on the right track.

It will also help you see what type of posts have been performing well. Paired with content marketing, search engine optimization skills can be handy in Sherlock Deconstruction Essay, writing the best copy for your brand. These nine skills are the ones that will make up the most effective social media manager. If you have the resources, these can be divided up and specialized. For example, you may want to have a graphic designer or in-house photographer if you have a lot of posts that could benefit from them. Want to know what other pieces should be a part of your social team? We partnered with HubSpot to create a free guide on how to of the act 2 build a social media dream team from scratch, including some of the key positions you should fill. Download it here.

Jenn Chen : Jenn Chen is an film SF-based digital strategist, photographer, and writer who works with specialty coffee companies to make them look awesome online. She also has a penchant for cake donuts. Taming Of The Shrew Act 2? Connect with her online @thejennchen at jennchen.com. Sprout Social Website Home. Cry Freedom Film? Call free (USA) 1.866.878.3231.

131 S. Of The Shrew? Dearborn St. Chicago, IL 60603. Themes In Beloved? Copyright 2017 Sprout Social, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Of The? Sign up to have social media resources sent to your inbox every week.

Write my essay, paper - The Taming of the Shrew Act II Summary and Analysis |…

Buy Essay Online For Cheap - The Taming of the Shrew Act 2, Scene 1 Summary -…

college girl thesis Section GA: Monday/Wednesday, 11:00 am –12:15 pm. South 109/South 110. Bradley Hall, Y-16 (Placement Office) 516-572-7185, ext. 25686. Important Announcements and Updates: Click HERE. Print-friendly (MS Word) course syllabus here. Other printable documents: Works Cited page (Instructions Sample. This course prepares students to produce clear, well-developed, well-organized, grammatically correct writing.

The curriculum is designed to give students guided practice in shrew act 2, drafting, revising, and editing essays. The course is also designed to develop the skills that enable students to interpret and analyze published texts. In addition to which passage ivanhoe an example, readings assigned in taming shrew, class, students respond to texts they locate themselves through research and write at least one documented or research essay. Prerequisites: ENG 001, ENG 030 or placement by supernatural Department, RDG 001, concurrent enrollment in RDG 030 or placement by Department. COURSE GOALS AND OUTCOMES: Writing Literacy : to produce precise, clear, grammatically-correct, well-developed, and taming of the act 2, well-organized writing appropriate to proposed to human trafficking, academic, social, and occupational fields. Produce coherent texts within common college level forms. Revise and of the act 2, improve such texts. Critical Thinking : develop critical thinking skills. Identify, analyze, and proposed to human, evaluate arguments as they occur in their own and others’ work.

Develop well-reasoned arguments. Informational Literacy : to develop skills to locate, evaluate, and incorporate relevant source materials into the construction and expression of an informed point of taming of the act 2 view. Access and utilize basic computer and to human, internet functions, demonstrating appropriate and effective utilization of of the act 2 programs and functions. Use basic research techniques, demonstrating appropriate, effective research skills. Locate, evaluate, organize, and synthesize information from a variety of supernatural magic sources, demonstrating the ability to of the shrew act 2, implement an effective search strategy to obtain reliable information.

Apply ethical and legal standards for supernatural magic, use of source information, demonstrating the application of taming shrew act 2 accepted ethical and legal restrictions on the use of published works. Cultural Literacy : to develop exposure to literary texts that reflect the diversity of the human experience in a variety of historical and Sherlock A Marxist, cultural frameworks. Demonstrate understanding of the of the various influences that shape perspectives, values, and Holmes: A Marxist, identities. Recognize the roles and taming of the, responsibilities of citizens in a diverse world. 1. Respond orally and in writing to texts, primarily nonfiction.

2. Write as a way of exploring, developing, and confirming ideas in from, a process of communicating them. 3. Compose essays that support and shrew act 2, develop a point of view, using a variety of composing strategies. 4. Self-evaluate using a vocabulary specific to the discipline in petruchio's, order to discuss, revise, and edit one’s own writing and the writing of others. 5. Revise in order to substantially improve the focus, organization, and development of ideas. 6. Locate, evaluate, and cull information from archival and/or electronic sources. 7. Summarize, paraphrase, quote, and use MLA-style citations to document course reading and taming shrew, materials found through research in the construction and expression of a point of view. 8. Edit and proofread for usage and correctness of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

9. Produce approximately 4,000–6,000 words across a series of written assignments and essays subject to evaluation, at least one of which is an essay of 1,000–1,500 words. After completing this course, students will be able to. 1. Annotate and cry freedom, summarize texts; consider viewpoints other than one ’s own; discuss details as support. 2. Use brainstorming techniques to shrew act 2, create outlines/freewriting/mapping; write preliminary drafts; develop thesis statement awareness to include multiple perspective possibilities; create thesis statements. 3. Modify/narrow thesis in subsequent drafts; consider try out additional methods of development; respond to varied prompts on passage contains an example, a topic; discuss language choices in a piece of writing. 4. Refer to specific elements of of the a reading to petruchio's, support general observations during a class discussion; discuss plagiarism; annotate summarize class reading and research; write documented essays; cite sources according to MLA guidelines; create a “Works Cited” list. 5. Respond to local global revision prompts; cut extraneous material; add specificity to of the shrew act 2, improve support; read evaluate other students ’ writing; discuss drafts with peers. 6. Read and evaluate one ’s own writing; correct errors of usage, grammar, punctuation, spelling; clarify sentences through phrase and clause use; consult a dictionary, thesaurus, writer ’s handbook; revise drafts. College bookstore options: A thumb drive or other portable storage device. Pens (blue or black ink only ) and a notebook and/or supply of 8 ½ x 11 ruled paper, not spiral bound.

Paper torn out of spiral-bound notebooks is supernatural magic, not acceptable and will be returned unread and ungraded. *Note: Many of the of the shrew essays to petruchio's, be read and taming shrew, discussed are available online; these are indicated on cry freedom, the schedule (below) as hyperlinks. However, students are still strongly cautioned that they will need to purchase the textbook, both for important information and instructions on the various rhetorical modes and also for several essays not available online. ** Recommended additional texts are not required purchases, and have not been ordered for the course; however, they provide—depending on the course— alternative readings, historical and cultural backgrounds, criticism, personal literary responses, or entertaining (irreverent, possibly sacrilegious) revisions. Students who find themselves becoming deeply interested in one or more of the required readings may find these interesting and/or useful. When indicated with a dagger (†) , texts are only taming of the provisionally recommended, as I have not read these works yet, although they have received excellent reviews or recommendations. *** Prices listed at Amazon.com do not include shipping, and supernatural, are accurate as of original posting date only; no guarantees of prices or availability are express or implied § . As per the Nassau Community College attendance policy, “Students are expected to attend all classes. Absences due to illness or for other serious reasons may be excused at the discretion of the instructor. Students are advised that absences in excess of 10% of the total class meetings may result being dropped from the course.” Students must not only attend every class but also arrive on taming, time, be prepared, and take an themes in beloved active part in c lass (see Participation, below); students may be required to sign in each class session to verify their attendance. Of The! Excessive absences or latenesses will adversely affect your grade: Students may miss no more than three classes; further absences will result in a reduction of the final grade by one full letter grade for each additional absence.

Students unable to attend class should contact the bride instructor regarding their absence ; in addition, students are responsible for shrew act 2, submitting all work on time regardless of absences. Magic! In addition, once students get to class, they are expected to stay in the classroom until the class is over. Leaving class early or getting up in the middle of taming of the act 2 class is themes in beloved, considered disruptive behavior and taming shrew, should happen only in extreme emergencies. Students are expected to be present, prepared, attentive, and supernatural, active participants in the learning process. As such, any distracting or inappropriate behavior or unauthorized use of electronic devices* is strictly prohibited. Students who wish to use a laptop for note-taking may be allowed to do so at the instructor ’ s discretion, but will be required to of the, sit in the front row and to submit a copy of their notes to the professor at the end of supernatural each class; failure to of the shrew act 2, do so will result in being recorded as absent. Eating, sleeping, texting, or other inappropriate behavior may result in your being asked to leave the class and will adversely affect your final grade. Supernatural Magic! According to taming of the, the “Student Code of Conduct,” “The College is committed to providing an atmosphere in which students have freedom to A Marxist, learn and engage in the search for truth, knowledge, and reason in accordance with the of the act 2 standards set forth by the academic community.

Conduct that adversely affects a student’s responsible membership in the academic community shall result in appropriate disciplinary action.” Appropriate disciplinary action may include but is not limited to probation, suspension, and Sherlock Holmes: A Marxist Essay, expulsion from the college . See the Nassau Community College “Classroom Management Policy” and “Student Code of Conduct” in the college catalog. Plagiarism includes copying or paraphrasing another’s words, ideas, or facts without crediting the source; submitting a paper written by of the shrew someone else, either in whole or in Sherlock Holmes:, part, as one’s own work; or submitting work previously submitted for another course or instructor. Plagiarism, cheating, or other forms of academic dishonesty on any assignment will result in failure (a grade of zero) for that assignment and may result in further disciplinary action, including but not limited to failure for the course and expulsion from the college . See the Nassau Community College policy on “ Academic Dishonesty Plagiarism. ” All writing assignments must be received by the instructor on or before the due date, by the beginning of the class period , as indicated on of the, the schedule, below. Students may also be required to submit an supernatural magic electronic copy of their work via TurnItIn.com ; details to shrew act 2, be announced. Essays submitted by email will not be accepted, and late work if accepted will be penalized 10% for each day it is late; see below. All at-home work must be typed (in 12-point Times New Roman), double-spaced, with one-inch margins, and themes, stapled when submitted.

In-class work must be neatly printed in of the shrew act 2, blue or black ink on loose-leaf composition paper or in bluebooks provided by the instructor and which ivanhoe an example of chivalry?, double-spaced § . All essays must also include a proper heading (see Purdue Online Writing Lab’s Formatting and of the, Style Guide), including Word Count; have an proposed solutions to human appropriate, original title; contain a clear, explicit, assertive, objectively worded thesis statement (thesis statements must be underlined ); and taming of the shrew, (unless otherwise indicated) avoid use of I or you throughout. Finally, all work should be grammatically correct, free of errors in magic, mechanics, grammar, usage, spelling, and documentation, and will be evaluated according to the Model for Evaluation of Student Writing. Please refer to of the shrew, the Paragraph Outline or Essay Outline and Revising and Editing Checklist for themes, additional assistance. § On format, handwriting, and neatness, see Chase, Clinton I. Act 2! “Essay Test Scoring: Interaction of Relevant Variables.” Journal of supernatural magic Educational Measurement 23.1 (1986): 33-41; and Marshall, Jon C. and Jerry M. Powers. “Writing Neatness, Composition Errors, and Essay Grades.” Journal of Educational Measurement 6.2 (1988): 306-324. All failing essays may be revised and taming of the act 2, resubmitted by the due dates announced when the graded essays are returned.

Essays receiving a passing grade may also be revised and Sherlock Holmes: A Marxist Essay, resubmitted, but only taming of the shrew act 2 after the student has met with the instructor during office hours ( by appointment only magic ) to of the, discuss revisions. Revisions must be substantially revised, not merely “corrected” versions of the original essay (revisions should be based upon the Revising and Editing Checklist and relevant information from class and the textbooks), and must be submitted with the original graded essay and/or draft(s) attached as well as one full typed page detailing the changes made, in the following pattern: Paragraph 1: Changes in content. What was added, deleted, or modified. Paragraph 2: Changes in organization. What sentences, ideas, or paragraphs were moved, how things were rearranged, and why. Paragraph 3: Cosmetic level changes. Themes! What specific editing for grammar was performed, or what corrections made in punctuation, mechanics, and diction.

Evidence of substantial revision may result in of the shrew act 2, a better grade for the assignment. If you did not submit a completed essay on time, or if you submit a plagiarized essay, you will receive a grade of zero and may not submit a “revision.” All assignment deadlines and scheduled exam dates are provided at the beginning of the semester; therefore, no make-up opportunities will be offered or late work accepted, except under extraordinary circumstances with appropriate documentation, and late work will be penalized 10% for each day or portion thereof it is submitted after the due date. Note: As all work is due at from contains an example of chivalry?, the beginning of the class period, this includes work submitted after class has begun on the due date . Excuses such as “crashed computers,” “lost flash drives,” or “empty printer ink cartridges” will not be accepted. All essays or work should be saved both on your computer’s hard drive and again on removable storage device as well as uploaded to taming of the act 2, cloud storage. (OneDrive, et cetera ) Students should also keep backup copies of all work submitted. Disabilities and petruchio's bride, Accommodations : If you have a physical, psychological, medical, or learning disability that may impact on your ability to carry out the assigned coursework, I urge you to of the shrew act 2, contact the solutions to human trafficking staff at the Center for of the shrew act 2, Students with Disabilities (CSD), Building U (516 572-7241), TTY (516) 572-7617. The counselors at CSD will review your concerns and determine to what reasonable accommodations you are entitled as covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. All information and documentation pertaining to personal disabilities will be kept confidential.

Students should avail themselves of the Writing Center and which from an example of chivalry?, Help Centers available in taming of the shrew act 2, the English and proposed solutions to human, Reading/BEP departments, located at of the act 2, Bradley and North Halls and the Library, as part of solutions this course. These services can be considered an integral part of the course work and will help the student to act 2, master the necessary knowledge and skills for Composition I. As this class will combine both lecture and discussion, students are expected both to which ivanhoe contains of chivalry?, attend every session and to take an active part in c lass—joining in discussions and raising questions. Discussion is one of the best ways to clarify your understandings and to test your conclusions. Of The Shrew Act 2! Open discussion always involves personal exposure, and thus the Sherlock A Marxist Deconstruction Essay taking of taming shrew risks: your ideas may not be the same as your fellow students’ or even the instructor’s. Yet as long as your points are honest and supportable, they will be respected. Questions, discussion, disagreement, and supernatural, laughter are all encouraged. Taking an shrew act 2 active part also means being prepared: students should bring pens, a notebook and/or loose-leaf paper, and the textbook to every class. In addition, all reading or writing assignments must be completed in advance, according to the schedule (below). Diagnostic Essay (ungraded):

Students will complete an in-class Diagnostic Essay at proposed solutions to human trafficking, the beginning of the semester on a topic provided; this essay will be read and returned, but will not receive a grade, nor will it affect your final average. Students should retain this and all other essays until the end of the semester. With the exception of the first week, class may begin with a short (five-minute) quiz on the readings for the day, at the instructor’s discretion. Quizzes cannot be made up; if you miss a quiz due to absence or lateness, that grade will be regarded as a zero. At the end of the semester, the lowest quiz grade will be dropped. Taming Of The Shrew! Exercises reviewing essential grammar and/or writing skills will also be assigned, to Essay, be completed in class, or to taming of the act 2, be done online as homework and submitted electronically. Total number of quizzes and exercises during the semester will determine the petruchio's bride point value of shrew act 2 each; that is, if 11 assignments are assigned (lowest quiz grade will be dropped), each is worth up to one-half point. Students will also complete various shorter in-class writing assignments during the semester, including short summaries, mini-essays, and response papers. Supernatural! Total number of assignments during the of the act 2 semester will determine the point value of supernatural magic each; that is, if 10 assignments are required, each is worth up to one full point. Essays (2 @ 10 %, 2 @ 15%): Students will complete four essays during the semester in a variety of rhetorical modes, including Narration/Description (combined), Process, Comparison/Contrast (Midterm), and Persuasion/Argumentation . T opics must be selected from the taming of the shrew list of suggestions provided (see Essay Topics) or developed in Sherlock Deconstruction Essay, consultation with the instructor.

Essays must be at least three to four (3-4) pages (750 to taming shrew, 1000 words, minimum ) and supernatural magic, correctly formatted; see above. Research Essay (25%): Students will also complete an argumentative (persuasive) Research Essay of at least five to seven pages (at least 1250-1500 words), using a minimum of act 2 three to film, five primary or secondary sources ( sources must be reliable : scholarly criticism or analysis, not summaries, reviews, or “analysis” from sites such as e-Notes , SparkNotes , Wikipedia *, 123HelpMe , or Gradesaver.com ) , correctly documented utilizing MLA format , with a cover page and taming, Works Cited page ( cover page and bride, Works Cited do not count toward the act 2 six-page requirement). The final draft of the research paper must be submitted in a folder, including copies of cry freedom film all sources used. Extra Credit (possibly various opportunities, at of the shrew act 2, 1–2 points each): Note: As a general rule, extra credit only helps if you have already completed all of the solutions assigned work, and will not make up for missing an essay (or two, or three).

Extra credit opportunities will be announced in of the shrew, class, and they will also be posted here as well as on the class Announcements page , so do not ask at the end of the semester for “ extra credit ” to bring your average up. Extra credit opportunities to date: Introduction to petruchio's bride, Blackboard. The Office of Distance Education is of the act 2, holding on-campus open. demonstrations for supernatural magic, students in of the shrew, G Building, Room 149: Thursday, January 19, 2:30 – 3:45 pm.

Friday, January 20, 2:00 – 3:15 pm. Monday, January 23, 3:30 – 4:45 pm. Tuesday, January 24, 11:30 am – 12:45 pm. No sign-up needed! First-come-first-serve basis! For questions, please call the Office of Distance Education. Sentence Building and Avoiding Run-ons, Comma Splices, and passage from ivanhoe of chivalry?, Fragments. Using Correct Punctuation: Commas, Semicolons, and Colons. Subject-Verb Agreement, Verb Formation, Tense Usage.

Tuesday/Thursday Club Hour Series: 11:30 am to 12:45 pm. Thursday, March 2. Building Compound Sentences. Building Complex Sentences. Building Compound Sentences. Building Complex Sentences. Understanding and Using Verb Tense. Using Correct Punctuation. The Verb Phrase. Wednesday Afternoon Series: 2:00 pm to taming act 2, 3:15 pm , Bradley Hall Ballroom. Wednesday, March 1.

Building Compound Sentences. Wednesday, March 8. Building Complex Sentences. Wednesday, March 15. Wednesday, March 22. The Verb Phrase. Tuesday Evening Series. Building Compound Sentences. Building Complex Sentences. Tuesday, March 21.

Using Correct Punctuation. Tuesday, March 28. Using Correct Punctuation. The Writing Centers are located in Bradley Hall (Bldg. A Marxist! Y) and on the second floor of the shrew Library, room L233. 572-7195 or 572-3595. Topics include: Locating and Evaluating Sources. Integrating Sources into an Essay.

Creating and Formatting a Works Cited List. Wednesday, April 5. Tuesday, April 18. G Building (Room TBA) Evening Activity Hour* Thursday, April 20. 11:30 am – to 12:45 pm. Thursday , April 27.

11:30 am – 12:45 pm. 11:30 am – 12:45 pm. Wednesday, May 3. 11:00 am – 12:15 pm. *Evening Activity Hour (Classes are canceled; check with your instructor.) Seating is limited! Sign up now by calling or visiting the Writing Center . The Writing Centers are located in Bradley Hall (Bldg. Sherlock Holmes:! Y) and on the second floor of the shrew Library, room L233. 572-7195 or 572-3595. It's “About Time”: Managing Time, Self, College.

February 7, 11:30am - 12:45pm - M206. February 14, 11:30am - 12:45pm - M206. Being Successful in an Online Class. March 23, 11:30am -12:45pm - G149. Learning Skills Workshops.

( It is recommended that students attend all four of the following) March 7, 11:30am - 12:45pm Bldg. Supernatural! M206. Studying and Organizing For Classes. March 14, 11:30am - 12:45pm Bldg. M206. Reading College Textbooks. March 21, 11:30am - 12:45pm Bldg. M206. March 28, 11:30am - 12:45pm Bldg.

M206. Managing Test Anxiety. April 18, 11:30am - 12:45pm Bldg. M206. April 25, 11:30am - 12:45pm Bldg. M20. For questions, call 516-572-7141. will be added to taming shrew act 2, the final total.

Final average will determine the themes in beloved grade received for the course, as follows: Note: Percentages ending in taming, .5 or greater are rounded up. Therefore, 79.5 rounds to 80, a B, but 79.4 rounds to proposed trafficking, 79, a C+. important dates: SPRING 2017 SEMESTER. 1st half semester classes last day drop without a W grade. Evening Activity Hour: 7:00 p.m. class will not meet; all other classes follow a regular schedule.

Evening classes extended by 5 minutes for final exams. Evening classes end. NOTE: All dates subject to change. Note: All readings below are required, and taming of the shrew, must be completed by the session indicated; the only exceptions are those indicated with an asterisk (*), which are recommended additional readings or resources. Readings from The Norton Field Guide to Writing (Bullock) are identified below by A Marxist Essay page number or by author and title as well as page numbers, e.g., “Arguing a Position” (Bullock 156-161) or Foer, “My Life as a Dog” (Bullock 245-248). Readings from the Norton Online Handbook are identified below by title and act 2, section number; e.g., “Sentence Fragments” ( Norton S-2). Additional readings, including handouts or online texts, will also be assigned. Red text indicates due dates or links to assignments; Blue text indicates links to assignments, resources, or online versions of texts. ( Note : While every effort is made to cry freedom film, verify the accuracy and of the, usefulness of these links and their contents, no guarantees are made.

Please notify me of any broken or outdated links at Brian.Murphy@NCC.edu.) Note: This schedule is subject to revision according to the instructor’s discretion, the academic calendar for the semester, school closings due to inclement weather or other reasons, and the progress of the class. Petruchio's Bride! Additions or changes will be announced in taming of the shrew, class, and they will also be posted here as well as on the class Announcements page . “Generating Ideas and Text,” “Drafting” (Bullock 289-300) In-class assignment: The Writing Process. “Reading in Academic Contexts” (Bullock 10-32), “Analyzing Texts” (Bullock 94-128); “Beginning and Ending” (Bullock 331-343); “Complete Sentences” ( Norton S-1), “Fragments” ( Norton S-2), “Comma Splices and Fused Sentences” ( Norton S-3 ) “Subject-Verb Agreement” ( Norton S-5), “Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement” ( Norton S-6a) “Adjectives and Adverbs” ( Norton W-5) Revising and Editing: “Assessing Your Own Writing,” “Getting Response and Revising,” “Editing and Proofreading” (Bullock 301-317) Comparison and Contrast Writing: “Comparing and Contrasting” (Bullock 380-387); Arthur Asa Berger, “How to Analyze an Advertisement” ( from the Center for Media Literacy)

Scott A. Lukas, “How to Read Ads” ( from the Gender Ads Project) Six different versions of the story: Jakob and Wilhelm Grimm, “Ashputtle” (a slightly edited version) and, some responses to cry freedom, fairy tales in popular culture: Jane Yolen, “America's 'Cinderella.'” ( Children's Literature in Education 8.1 (1970): 21-29.) ( here in .pdf) In-class writing: Compare-Contrast.

“Audience,” “Genre” (Bullock 57-63); “Words” ( Norton W), especially “Appropriate Words” (W-1), “Precise Words” (W-2), and “Unnecessary Words” (W-4) *See also, Questions on Suzanne Britt, here. Note: As previously announced, class will meet in Y-A/B, the computer lab in the Writing Center, Bradley Hall. Using Words Effectively: “Audience,” “Genre” (Bullock 57-63); “Words” (Norton W), especially “Appropriate Words” (W-1), “Precise Words” (W-2), and “Unnecessary Words” (W-4) See additional required form, here. Additional, optional exercises: “Arguing a Position” (Bullock 156-182); “Arguing” (Bullock 355-375) “Punctuation” and “Mechanics” ( Norton P-1 through P-11 ) Note: For online text, scroll down.

See additional required form, here. “Doing Research” continued: “Documentation” and shrew act 2, “MLA Style” (Bullock 496-548), “MLA format” One paragraph each (typed, 12-point Times New Roman, double spaced) evaluating DHMO.org and MartinLutherKing.org. In addition, complete the themes Information Literacy Tutorial on the NCC Library page, then print out and submit the last page with your results. “Doing Research” continued: “Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing,” “Acknowledging Sources, Avoiding Plagiarism” (Bullock 478-495) Homework/In-class Writing: Bring one of the taming of the sources from the Bibliography due on passage contains an example, Monday, April 17. This should be a compete printout or photocopy of the sources, including complete bibliographical information. Model Research Essay: Shankar, “ The Case of the of the shrew act 2 Missing Kidney: An Analysis of Rumor ” (Handout)

Note : No longer available online. Annotated Bibliography (2) Due. Course wrap-up, Final conferences. For each of the assigned essays and projects, a topic or list of topic choices will be provided. Your work must be on one of the assigned topics for bride, that assignment or developed in consultation with the instructor, or it will receive a grade of of the act 2 “F”. All work must be submitted on or before the due date, by the beginning of the class period; late work will not be accepted (see above).

Failure to cry freedom, bring the required essay will result in a zero for the assignment, without opportunity for of the shrew, revisions. For each of the cry freedom essays, select one of the topics to discuss in taming shrew, a well-developed, coherent, and thoughtful essay. Be sure to focus carefully on the topic, and remember that these are formal essays: they must have an appropriate, original title; contain an themes in beloved introduction, body, and taming of the act 2, conclusion; have a clear, explicit, assertive, objectively worded thesis statement (thesis statements must be underlined ); and (unless otherwise indicated) avoid use of I or you throughout. Be sure to from, use appropriate topic sentences and transitions to guide the reader. Taming Of The Shrew Act 2! Remember that you are not summarizing the solutions trafficking works, but responding to them in a critical manner. Be sure to include evidence or examples from the specific text(s) that you are writing about, but do not retell the story, and do not copy directly from the taming textbook except when quoting. Remember to incorporate sources correctly, whether quoting, paraphrasing, or summarizing: use signal phrases and document with parenthetical citations and a Work (or Works) Cited page.

Diagnostic Essay: In-class essay, Session 2 (Mon. 23 Jan.) Select one of the following topics, and compose a formal essay. Bride! Your essay will not receive a grade, nor will it affect your final average; this is for of the shrew act 2, evaluative purposes only. You will have approximately one hour to complete this essay. (Use of which passage contains of chivalry? “ I ” is allowed for all three choices.) 1. Taming Of The! What is your favorite text— however you may define the which ivanhoe contains an example term “text ” (novel, short story, graphic novel, and so on)—or who is your favorite author, and why? Defend your choice with specific examples. 2. The late Steve Jobs, former CEO of Apple, once notably claimed that “ people don’t read anymore” (see “ The Passion of Steve Jobs”). Taming Act 2! Was he correct?

Consider: With radio, television, cable, personal computers, smart phones, web-books, and tablets, we are living in a post-literate world, one in which people merely skim, browse, or surf rather than engaging in deep, meaningful reading for in beloved, any prolonged periods of time. That is, sustained, concentrated reading * —for pleasure or for knowledge—is no longer necessary or important. Taming Of The! Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not? 3. Which Passage From An Example! Why are you here?

That is, what is your objective or goal? How do you anticipate achieving it, and how will this class, or your education at taming, Nassau Community College, help you to achieve this goal? *On reading, see also: Note : Due to the nature of solutions to human trafficking this assignment, use of I is appropriate for any of the three topic choices. Due Monday, February 13; Revisions due Monday, Feb. 27. After reading “Narrating” (Bullock 419-427), “Describing” (Bullock 399-407 ), and the assigned descriptive and narrative essays, select one of the following topics and of the shrew act 2, compose a narrative essay.

Your essay should tell a clear, chronological story that shows or demonstrates a specific point; in addition, use description to make your narrative vivid. Petruchio's Bride! Your reader should be able to visualize clearly the of the shrew act 2 objects/settings/people involved in your story. Essays must have an appropriate, original title; contain an introduction (with an explicit, assertive thesis, underlined ), several body paragraphs supporting the petruchio's thesis, and an appropriate concluding paragraph; and taming of the shrew, avoid use of you throughout. Be sure to use appropriate topic sentences and transitions to guide the reader. Your essay will be evaluated in supernatural, terms of Main Idea, Organization, Support, and Mechanics (Words and Sentences).

Therefore, make certain your essay is taming act 2, not only well organized and developed, but also grammatically correct, free of passage ivanhoe an example errors in mechanics, grammar, usage, and spelling. Note: This is not a research essay. While you may use secondary sources to provide a hook or to enhance your introduction or conclusion, unnecessary or excessive use of secondary sources should be avoided. 1.) Write a narrative account of a time you enjoyed a “moment of glory” other than completing high school or your GED, getting your driver’s license, or participating in shrew, a sports- or competition-related event. Explain what happened, how you reacted, and why you reacted the Holmes: Deconstruction Essay way that you did. Be sure to taming act 2, explain both the cry freedom immediate and the long-term significance of of the act 2 this event, and Holmes: A Marxist Essay, use specific, detailed descriptions. 2.) Write a narrative account of a time you experienced a “life-changing event” (as above, other than high school graduation, earning a GED, getting your license, or winning some sports event).

This may be something you only later came to realize had significantly changed your life, or one that you immediately recognized as life-changing when it happened. Taming Act 2! Again, explain what happened, how you reacted, and why you reacted the which from an example of chivalry? way that you did, as well as both the shrew act 2 immediate and the long-term significance of magic this event, and of the, be descriptive. 3.) Select an important personal item or treasured object that you own, and explain the object, its significance to Holmes: A Marxist, you, and how you came to acquire it. You may also explain how it has affected your life since acquiring it. Of The! As above, do not focus on ivanhoe contains an example, the obvious, such as your diploma, license, or trophy; instead, consider the love letters your great-grandmother kept, the stuffed animal you have had since your were four, a coin you have carried as a good luck charm since middle school, and so on. Be sure to both describe the of the shrew object and to tell its story.

Note : Due to the nature of this assignment, use of I is appropriate for any of the three topic choices. Essay 2: Process, “Draft” I n-class essay , Wed. Proposed To Human! 27 February; Final Essay due Wed. 8 March. After reading “Explaining a Process” (Bullock 414-418 ) and the assigned process analysis essays, select one of the following topics and of the shrew act 2, compose a clear, well-written directive process analysis. Your reader should be able to understand and complete the process successfully by following your instructions. While use of the Holmes: A Marxist Essay second person (“you”) may be appropriate in taming of the, your introduction and/or conclusion, use the indefinite pronoun (“Next, one should make sure that. ”) or the imperative mood (“Next, close the door. Cry Freedom Film! ”) in shrew act 2, the body of passage from an example your essay, and be consistent: do not switch back and forth between “one” and “you,” either explicit or implied.

Note : your essay should have a title, ideally one more creative or original than “How to Do X.,” In addition, you must assert something significant about the subjects, that it is important or even pleasurable to learn this process, and use appropriate topic sentences. For example, Thesis: An assertion concerning the act 2 process being explained, indicating the importance or benefit of the process, and the major steps necessary to complete the petruchio's bride process. For example: Although [process] may seem intimidating to the beginner, one can save time and money by [step 1], [step 2], and of the shrew, [step 3]. Topic sentence 1: A sentence utilizing an appropriate chronological transition (time marker), indicating the first major step (your first major division), and emphasizing the main idea from your thesis (the process and its importance, ease, interest, or value). For example: The first step in [process] is to [name and define Step 1]. Topic sentence 2: A sentence utilizing an appropriate chronological transition, indicating the themes in beloved next major step, and of the shrew, emphasizing the supernatural main idea from your thesis. For example: Next, to [process], be sure to [Step 2]

Topic sentence 3: A sentence with an appropriate transition, indicating what the step is, et cetera. For example: After that, [Step 3]. Topic sentence 4 (if necessary): and so on. You may include individual phrases or substeps in taming, outline form under each topic sentence, but this is recommended, not required. 1.) How to perform a specific process associated with an unusual hobby or interest: for example, how to groom a horse, evaluate the worth of a baseball card, stretch and prep a canvas, et cetera . Passage From! Do not attempt to taming of the shrew, explain an from ivanhoe contains entire hobby, however; focus on just one process.

Additionally, t his should be an taming act 2 unusual hobby, not something like playing videogames or soccer. 2.) How to cope with a specific, unusual emergency situation: not how to administer CPR or how to administer first aid to someone badly cut, but what to do if pursued by an alligator or if your car goes off the Whitestone or George Washington Bridge, for example. 3.) How to master one specific important academic survival skill: taking notes, finding materials in the college library, registering for classes, and so on, but not how to study, write an essay, or read critically. Be sure to include your own, specific ideas, and passage from ivanhoe contains an example of chivalry?, be sure that your process analysis is written in such a way that it is genuinely useful to taming act 2, a new student. The version due in class on March 8, a finished, typed revision, must be submitted with the supernatural “draft” attached, even if you have changed your original topic. Essay 3, Comparison–Contrast: Midterm Essay Exam, Wed. 15 March. After reading “Comparing and Contrasting” (Bullock 380-387) and the assigned comparison-contrast essays, compose a persuasive contrast essay. Shrew Act 2! Note : your essay should have a title, ideally one more creative or original than “A vs. B.” In addition, you must assert something about the subjects , indicating the Sherlock Holmes: Deconstruction specific significant difference between the two. Taming Act 2! Be sure not to state merely that one “is better than” or “superior to” the solutions to human trafficking other; rather, define a specific, significant difference, one that all of your details support.

So, for example, “ A is funnier than B because. ” or “ A is both simpler and more economical than B because. ” . Taming Shrew! For example: Thesis: An assertion concerning the two subjects chosen for your essay, indicating the themes in beloved specific significant difference between the two and the major divisions of your essay. For example: Although A and B are (similar in some way or ways), A (is in some particular way different than or superior to) B because of (major criteria: the divisions of your essay). Topic sentence 1: An assertion about how one single criterion, your first major division, distinguishes the taming shrew two subjects. For example: The first way in which A (is superior in some way to) B is (first major criterion). Note : Alternatively, your first body paragraph may sum up the similarities between the two, if necessary, followed by several paragraphs enumerating differences. For example: Obviously, both Superman and Batman are costumed superheroes fighting crime and confronting a variety of enemies in cry freedom film, their respective cities, Metropolis and Gotham City, while maintaining secret identities as “normal” humans. Topic sentence 2: An assertion about shrew act 2 how one single criterion, your second major division, distinguishes the two subjects. For example: In addition, A (is superior in some way to) B because (second major criterion). Topic sentence 3: An assertion about how one single criterion, your third major division, distinguishes the Deconstruction Essay two subjects.

For example: More importantly, A is also (superior in third major criterion to) B. Essays must be at least three to four (3-4) pages (750 to shrew act 2, 1000 words, minimum ) and correctly formatted. Petruchio's Bride! Be sure to focus carefully on the topic, and taming of the, remember that these are formal essays: they must have an appropriate, original title; contain an introduction, body, and film, conclusion; have a clear, explicit, assertive, objectively worded thesis statement (thesis statements must be underlined ); and (unless otherwise indicated) avoid use of I or you throughout. Be sure to use appropriate topic sentences and transitions to guide the reader. Remember that these are not research essays; use of secondary sources, whether credited or not, will be considered grounds for failure. 1.) Two similar television shows ; for example, two specific situation comedies, two news broadcasts, two police procedurals, and taming, so on. You may not use The Simpsons or Family Guy , or television programs about passage ivanhoe contains an example superheroes, nor should you focus on just a single character or figure from each show.

2.) The print and movie versions of the same story. (The print version of the of the story can be a novel, graphic novel, short story, play, and film, so on). How does the taming of the shrew movie adapt, revise, or alter the story, what is changed or left out, and why? How do all of these individual changes contribute to supernatural, a different interpretation of the text; that is, what is the significant difference between the versions? 3.) Two different versions of the same film , but be careful not to of the shrew act 2, confuse reboots with remakes . That is, something like Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) is not another version of themes in beloved Planet of the of the Apes (1968, 2001), nor is Batman Begins (2005) or The Dark Knight Rises (2012) the passage ivanhoe same story as Batman (1989). As above, h ow does each version adapt, revise, or alter the story? What is changed or left out, and why? 4.) Two ads for similar products that were published (or broadcast) between 25–75 years apart. Act 2! (Some research required.) Consider shifts in cultural attitudes toward gender, race, romance, politics, consumerism, “success” (whatever that means), et cetera . Film! Your assertion should refer to the significant changes or shifts in appeal, effectiveness, audience, and so on. Note : You may use the shrew act 2 prewriting done in supernatural, class previously, as well as a dictionary and/or thesaurus, but no other materials, either print or online. Essay 3 revisions must be at of the, least three to four (3-4) pages (750 to cry freedom, 1000 words, minimum ), typed (in 12-point Times New Roman), double-spaced, with one-inch margins and the proper heading, and stapled when submitted, just like all essays completed at home. You must also submit the original essay, the of the act 2 prewriting, and cry freedom, a one-page explanation of your changes. In addition, you must complete and submit an additional form this time, here.

Incomplete revision submissions will not be read, nor will the original grade received be changed. You must establish a clear thesis before you can begin to put together a focused, well-organized, and purposeful argument essay. Therefore, as your first step in of the act 2, the assignment, you must develop and submit a clear, well-written, one-page explanation of the Deconstruction Essay topic you have chosen, your reason for the selection, your focus and opinion, and shrew, a clear, well-written, explicit, and assertive preliminary thesis. Note : Choose your topic carefully . You will not be allowed to change your topic once you have made your selection, although you may modify your position on the particular issue and will, presumably, revise your thesis during the process of writing. Your work should take the following form: Topic: the topic selected from the list provided.

Rationale: why you have chosen to proposed trafficking, research and write about this particular topic. Focus: a narrowed form of the subject, and the issue or debate involved. Opinion: your subjective opinion on the debate or issue. Thesis: your opinion, worded objectively . Topic: Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia ( Note: this is not a real topic choice!) Rationale: I selected this topic because I work in a critical care facility with many permanently disabled and even comatose patients. Many of the patients’ families have to confront this issue regularly, like whether to “pull the plug” as it were, and I am not sure how I feel about taming shrew it myself..

Focus: Should physician-assisted suicide be legalized for terminally ill patients? Opinion: I think that assisted suicide should be okay, if the person is already dying anyhow. Thesis: Voluntary physician-assisted suicide should be a legal option for terminally ill patients, to film, alleviate prolonged physical and emotional suffering and to avoid unnecessary expense. Select one of the following broad topics. These topics need to be further restricted, so narrow and focus the topic yourself, but be sure that your topic is both narrow and debatable , not merely informative. Then, compose your assertive thesis statement, as above. Education reform ( one specific proposal, for example. improving readings scores on standardized tests in K-12, increasing student retention rates in college, streamlining remedial coursework, and shrew, so on) Election reform ( one specific proposal, for to human trafficking, example, abolishing the taming act 2 Electoral College, restricting PAC funding, and so on) Immigration reform ( one specific proposal, for cry freedom film, example, building a wall, “extreme vetting, ” and so on) Tax reform ( one specific proposal, for example, replacing income taxes with a consumption tax, implementing a flat tax rate, and so on) OR any topic appearing in act 2, a New York Times editorial published Wednesday, March 29 through Tuesday, April 4 (for example, The Supreme Court, Brexit, NC's transgender restroom law, and to human, so on).

You must attach a copy of the editorial to shrew act 2, your assignment. Utilizing the cry freedom film library databases , specifically Academic Search Complete, find a minimum of three to taming shrew act 2, five scholarly or professional sources on the topic you have selected for to human trafficking, your Argument Topic . Then, after reading the articles, create an Annotated Bibliography including a correct citation for each source along with a one-paragraph description or summary of the source, at least two to taming of the shrew act 2, three sentences each. After reading “Arguing” ( Bullock 355-375 ), “Arguing a Position” ( Bullock 156-182 ) , and the assigned persuasive essays, compose a formal, final persuasive thesis statement and at least three to five topic sentences for the body of film your argument. Your thesis should be argumentative (making a claim), rather than purely informative. Be sure to taming shrew act 2, include in your topic sentences appropriate evidence, examples, data, or other support for your assertion; remember, however, that these are not research essays . As always, your “draft” should be correctly formatted and correct, free of errors in in beloved, mechanics, grammar, usage, and shrew, spelling. In addition, you should have an appropriate title, ideally one more creative or original than “Argument Essay,” and underline your thesis. Your submission must be typed, 12-point Times new Roman, double-spaced, and adhere to from ivanhoe of chivalry?, the following format: Thesis statement: A formal, specific, clear, and assertive statement on the actual debate or issue, adopting one side or favoring a single proposal. It must include your topic, the claim or assertion, and the major divisions of your essay.

Topic sentence 1: The first major point or argument in favor of shrew your claim. Topic sentence 2: The second point supporting your argument. Thesis statement: Voluntary physician-assisted suicide should be a legal option for terminally ill patients, to alleviate prolonged physical and emotional suffering and to avoid unnecessary expense. Topic sentence 1: Many terminally ill patients suffer excruciating, untreatable pain, which could be alleviated were voluntary euthanasia legalized. Topic sentence 2: In addition to physical suffering, emotional suffering takes a toll on both the in beloved patient and his or her family. Topic sentence 3: Perhaps most important, the taming of the shrew act 2 financial cost of long-term health care for the terminally ill could be greatly reduced were these patients allowed to terminate their lives legally. Your “revision” should be a completed essay of at themes, least three to four (3-4) pages (750 to 1000 words) based upon taming shrew act 2 your “draft” previously submitted: Add an introductory device (a “hook”) and transitional sentence, if necessary, to expand your thesis statement into a proper introduction. Add support for each of your topic sentences; inclu de appropriate evidence, examples, data, or other support for cry freedom, your assertion.

Remember, however, that these are not research essays: use only taming shrew common knowledge or what you already know about the which from ivanhoe contains topic. In the shrew body of cry freedom your essay, be sure to anticipate and refute opposing viewpoints or possible objections to your position. Add an appropriate conclusion. You must include with your essay the “draft” and pre-writing previously submitted. As always, your essays should be correctly formatted, and should be grammatically correct, free of errors in mechanics, grammar, usage, spelling, and documentation. Taming! In addition, your essay should have an appropriate title, ideally one more creative or original than “Argument Essay”! And underline your thesis! You must include with your essay the which contains an example of chivalry? “draft” and shrew, pre-writing previously submitted.

As always, your essays should be correctly formatted, and should be grammatically correct, free of passage ivanhoe contains errors in mechanics, grammar, usage, spelling, and documentation. In addition, your essay should have an appropriate title, ideally one more creative or original than “Argument Essay”! And underline your thesis! Note : If you did not write on one of the approved topics, wrote on a topic from a news article in the Times instead of an taming of the shrew act 2 editorial, failed to include a copy of the editorial with your submission, or chose a topic of your own without prior permission for your topic selection, annotated bibliography, or argument “draft,” Topics to supernatural, be announced. Utilizing the library databases as before, specifically Academic Search Complete or appropriate subject-specific databases, find a minimum of three to five additional scholarly or professional sources on the topic you have selected for your Argument Topic . These sources must be opposed to the view you presented in your argument essay, contradicting or attempting to of the, disprove your assertions. Then, after reading the articles, create an Annotated Bibliography of at in beloved, least seven to ten sources (including both your original three to five and the new three to five) , correctly documented in MLA format, along with a one-paragraph description or summary of the shrew act 2 source, at least two to three sentences each. You might also find the Essay following additional resources useful:

MLA format (Purdue university’s Online Writing Lab) A finished, typed draft of the completed research essay must be brought to class for peer review, evaluation, and comments. This should be a complete draft of your research essay, using a minimum of three to five secondary sources, five to seven pages, and including both a cover page and Works Cited page. Of The Shrew Act 2! This draft is worth 5% of your final grade; f ailure to Sherlock Holmes: Deconstruction Essay, bring the required essay will result in a zero for the assignment. Your research essay should take the taming shrew act 2 following form: Introduction: Establish significance of in beloved topic, the issue or debate involved, and of the shrew act 2, the opposing sides. Arguments: Summary of film each source, with critique, organized according to side.

For example, three to five sources opposing physician-assisted suicide, then three to five sources supporting physician-assisted suicide. Conclusion: A thoughtful analysis of the taming relative merits of each side of the proposed trafficking debate, according to the positions presented in your sources, followed by a logical conclusion. You must include at least one short quotation, one long—block—quotation, and one paraphrase, and taming of the shrew, these sources must be properly documented (utilizing MLA format), and integrated into which passage contains your writing smoothly and correctly. Note : You do not need to submit the folder containing copies of your sources at this time. The final research paper must be submitted in a research folder, including your Preliminary Draft and copies of all sources used. Be sure to print out or photocopy all secondary sources, and highlight all relevant passages, whether quoted, paraphrased, or summarized. Failure to taming shrew act 2, submit a complete research essay in a folder according to these instructions will be grounds for failure on the assignment.

In addition, plagiarism, either in whole or in part, will result in automatic failure (a grade of zero) for magic, the assignment, just as for of the shrew, any essay, and therefore likely failure for the course as well. Please refer to the following as well: Class Plagiarism Policy (on syllabus), as well as the Nassau Community College Policy on Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism (in the college catalog). You might also find the following additional resources useful: MLA format (Purdue university’s Online Writing Lab) * Note : Students must obtain prior approval for independent topics; speak to proposed to human, me before or after class or email me to set up an appointment during my office hours. Grammar, Writing, and Research Papers:

Links to sites for textbook purchase or rental are provided for students seeking textbook options; no guarantees or recommendations concerning these services are intended, either express or implied.

Order Content from the Best Essay Writing Service - Taming of the Shrew

Write My Research Paper - Taming of the Shrew: Act 2, Scene 1 -…

essay plant The following are the prize winning essays from the essay competition held at taming act 2, Tashidingkha MSS in solutions commemoration of Social Forestry Day 2014: We are not new to the fact that trees, humans and other organisms must coexist in harmony. Trees are the basic source of life. Forget the world; let us talk about our country.

The forest cover in Bhutan is providing us with all our fundamental needs and other countless number of things. Others need not be mentioned, though equally important, we are being provided with free flowing water for agriculture and hydropower generation which is the heart of our country’s economy. In the last few decades, forest cover in Bhutan had been rapidly disappearing. In the taming of the act 2 1960s Bhutan took a big leap towards modernization from isolation. Tough not literally, we had been bringing destruction on our country ever since. Proposed. “Modernization is replacing forest covers, with others not yet talked about.” That would be the most appropriate phrase to describe the chain of events taking place in the country since then.

With modernization, population in Bhutan boomed, assisted by the boost of country’s economy and social services. This led to fragmentation of of the shrew, free land and clearing of forests. Trees were, and themes in beloved, are, being cut down extensively to meet the wants of the people. Taming Of The Act 2. Moreover, higher demand for land for agriculture and other purposes are met with deforestation. We know, but we are not aware, that it’s just the waging wars against ourselves. While forest cover is which passage from ivanhoe contains an example of chivalry?, disappearing the whole world is experiencing devastating natural disasters. We all know these are the consequences of our primitive careless manners. Some of these disasters are landslides, Glacial Lake Outburst Flood, etc. The world is working towards preserving what we are left with in unison.

It has now realized the fact that without trees no living beings can exist. The government of Bhutan is taming of the, also trying its best to conserve forests. If you plant a single tree for every one you cut, then the forest coverage will remain constant. If you cannot do that, at least plant a single tree every year. Plant trees for a green society, a green school, for supernatural, a green Bhutan, for a green world, a green planet which is shrew, after all a better place to supernatural magic, live in. As said by Lohn Keats, “A thing of beauty is a joy forever.” The thing which is beautiful lasts forever. Trees are one. According to English Oxford Student Learner’s Dictionary a tree means a plant that can live for long time. However, we must plant trees to keep them alive generation after generation. Otherwise they will disappear forever.

For every hard work there is taming of the act 2, reward. If we do hard work in planting trees then we will get rewards of fresh air, water, fruits, raw materials for making medicines and houses. Trees also provide continuous supply of water for generating electricity which can be used for domestic purposes as well as export to petruchio's, other countries. This generates income and increases our economy. For every action there is an taming act 2 equal and opposite reaction. If we conserve forest, the result will be good, but if we destroy forest, then the result will be bad. Therefore, it is better to conserve forest and make our country clean and green. In order, to conserve our forests, we have to stop shifting cultivation, deforestation, forest fire and lumbering. If we cut down a lot of trees, then the world climate will change.

Water sources will dry up, land will turn barren, air will get polluted, plants and bride, animals will get extinct. To avoid such hazards, we must first of all educate our people about the importance of trees. Taming Shrew. Then we should teach them how to take care of our Mother Nature. Trees are our guardian deities and protectors, as they shelter us from which passage from ivanhoe, sun, rain and storm. We must look upon taming of the them with outmost respect and care. To achieve the goal of Green Bhutan, we must plant trees and take care of them throughout the country. The Social Forestry Day reminds us of our co-existence with nature and inspires us to plant trees. So let us join hands today and do it. As quoted by to human, Ralph Waldon Emerson, “Nature never hurries, atom by atom, little by little, she achieves her work.” It is time for the Bhutanese people to of the, think twice and which from contains of chivalry?, work extra. The term “Green Bhutan” doesn’t only mean that the of the shrew act 2 color of the which passage ivanhoe contains land should look green all over but it also refers to the happiness of each and every Bhutanese Citizen.

Directly or indirectly, trees are the smaller units of nature which helps to achieve this happiness. Why should people plant trees? They should plant trees because trees are the taming backbone of Bhutan’s economy. They also help in reduction of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Forest helps in protection of rare species of the world which are endangered. Bhutan is known as one of the ten biological hot spots in the world due to its vast forest coverage.

So it is the responsibility of each and every citizen to work together to uphold with the name. It is said that once Sahara desert was a thick forest but due to over exploitation, it has now become the world’s largest desert. Proposed Solutions To Human Trafficking. I am sure that none of the Bhutanese would wantour rich forest to turn into poor deserts. So why not plant at taming shrew act 2, least one tree by every citizen and increase the number? In terms of economy, trees not only contribute for electricity but also attract tourists from the outside world in the country. Tourism is one of the largest income generating industries in Bhutan. Tourists visit Bhutan to take breathes of fresh air and enjoy the beauty of green scenery and crystal clear water. Vegetation at to human trafficking, Phobjikha in Wangdue is providing home for the black naked cranes which are rare on the earth. Bhutanese people are lucky to of the shrew act 2, see many of the rare species of flora and fauna which are not seen in other countries. Foreigners have to in beloved, travel a long distance to come to Bhutan to see those beautiful plants and animals.

We know now that planting of trees has uncountable advantages for people. When a person plants a tree, it not only benefits that person but also many others. Taming Shrew Act 2. If all individuals in trafficking Bhutan plant trees, it produces a huge positive impact. So keep this in mind and shrew, plant trees for Green Bhutan. We are fortunate to have DrukGyalpoJigmeSingayWangchuk as our fourth king because he was the which passage ivanhoe one who inspired us to preserve our greatest treasure of green forest.

On His coronation day on June 2 we observe Social Forestry Day where we plant trees and pay respect to the Nature. Foreign people come from far away country to of the, Bhutan because we haveelegant forest in which contains an example of chivalry? our country. Even though our country is small and poor but because of nature we are popular and rich. His majesty DrukGyalpoJigmeSingayWangchuk, the king of taming of the shrew act 2, Bhutan, has stated “Throughout the centuries, the cry freedom film Bhutanese have treasured their natural environment and of the, have looked upon it as the source of life. We wish to continue living in from an example of chivalry? harmony with nature and to pass on this rich, heritage to our future generations”. Taming Of The Shrew. Bhutan is also one of the first countries in the world to create trust fund dedicated to magic, environment protection.

Being a Buddhist land Bhutan believes in giving back to nature what has been taken away and to taming of the shrew, respect all forms of life. If we don’t plant trees for in beloved, green Bhutan now,we would regret in future when our country sees many Sahara Deserts. Long time back Sahara desert was not a desert but a beautiful forest with full of plants and animals.But soon it awfully turned into desert because of human greediness and wants for natural resources. If this happens in of the shrew act 2 our country, people would feel sad for what they have done to the forest. So we have to think twice, be cautious and take serious responsibility for saving our gift of beautiful nature. Being Bhutanese citizens, let us join our hands together and passage ivanhoe an example of chivalry?, work to taming act 2, make our homes, schools, country and earth green and beautiful by planting more trees. So, lastly my dear friends living on the earth as enthusiastic students, we should plant trees and preserve them for future generations. As a saying goes “one drop of water makes a mighty ocean, “by planting at least a single tree each year we can create a big forest.

Keep this in mind and act now before it is too late. Trees are basically a plant which is supposedly believed one of the oldest and clearly important features that have existed and still prevails on this earth abundant. In addition to its significant values of air and water for the rest of the depending creatures on earth, it also act as vital factor particular in petruchio's beautifying mother earth and safe guarding her biodiversity. Bhutan is a country that religiously concern trees plus on the other hand depends profoundly on trees. ‘Green’ resembles the color of taming act 2, trees and is moreover a refreshing healthy color. “Just plant a tree and supernatural, never on it let anyone pee”. People know the consequences of the absence of trees, they should know it. It would result in grave difficulties to of the shrew act 2, all being on earth. Have you ever questioned yourself about how difficult it would it is going to themes in beloved, be if more trees disappear? Sometimes do some critical thinking. Trees have consequently started to decrease in shrew act 2 quantity and devastating natural calamities are happening on mother earth due to human commercial and home uses.

Obviously we understand that trees wouldn’t ever extinct but never the less many unique and important species of trees are lost recently. So people must humbly appreciate the gift of nature in a cursory manner by simply planting trees. Bhutan being mountainous country, mountain would wear down due to the disappearance of in beloved, trees, since the trees make the soil fixed using their roots. Of The Shrew. No mountains means no Bhutan because Bhutan is just a range of mountain in small portion of the passage ivanhoe an example world. Bhutan is also one of the of the shrew act 2 biological hotspots. Bhutan has been awarded recognition award for the beneficiary and protective works in conserving Mother Nature from which passage from ivanhoe an example, United Nation Organization. In act beloved 4 th King of Bhutan should be appreciated by all the citizens for his responsibility in preserving the forest. The king has indeed done his part of responsibility in making beyond half of the country ‘Green’ and now the time has come for the people to maintain, conserve and protect the trees. Taming Of The Act 2. So, “Plant More Trees for Green Bhutan”.

As coded by Mahatma Gandhi, “Earth Provides Enough to Satisfy Every Man’s Needs, but Not Every Man’s Greed”. So Bhutan is one of the tenth “Biological Hotspots” in the world that means Bhutan is which from an example, one of the areas with a richest biodiversity. It is mountainous country surrounded by taming of the act 2, beautiful forest. Proposed. Bhutan’s forest cover is 64% of of the act 2, our land. We are fortunate to be born on this green planet, earth, created by cry freedom, the gods. Taming Shrew. We all know that our natural world is a splash of eye catching colors and it is cry freedom film, one of the most important natural resources, yet it is all up to taming shrew act 2, us weather we want to supernatural magic, preserve our forest or not before it turns into a barren land Sahara desert of Africa. Forest gives us fresh water and air to breathe to all living beings in this earth. In olden days people can live more than 80 years though there were no hospitals like present world. It is mainly because of forest which provides medicinal herbs like Om-rib (local medicinal) which is used to treat fiver, lungs and liver diseases and other such as Cordyceps (Yartse Geonbom) which can cure heart diseases and of the act 2, cancer, so it is a rear medicine found on the Himalayan mountain. We get wild food and fruits like mushrooms, asparagus, strawberry etc from the forest.

Our country is rich in forest. Sherlock Deconstruction. People export trees in other countries and make an economic for the country. So, as a saying, “If the taming wealth is lost nothing is lost, if health is lost everything is film, lost”. Conservation of taming act 2, forest doesn’t mean that we should not cut down the trees but we can manage and utilize in petruchio's sustainable way. To keep our country green forever we must conserve our forest by following some of the ways such as reducing the taming of the shrew act 2 number of cattle, harvesting trees in a selective way and stop shifting cultivation. Holmes: Deconstruction Essay. Our royal Government also carries out act 2, activities to safe our mother earth.

We have afforestation and reforestation program in our country. We celebrate 2 nd June as social forest day. Actually June 2 nd is coronation day of His Majesty 4 th King. We celebrate the day by planting trees in our school. In order to supernatural magic, maintain 64% of taming, land under forest cover. As per the saying, “It is better to safe than sorry”. Sherlock Holmes:. So look after our forest and taming shrew, environment before it is too late. Now we are facing different problems due to rapid growth of population, cut trees for building materials, construction of road though forest which damage the trees, shifting cultivation which causes forest fire and as a result it destroy animal life and create imbalance in ecosystem. Forest fire also causes soil erosion and landslides which damage our life and properties. Since the population of our country is growing rapidly they cut down lot of trees which absorbed carbon dioxide. Day by day the temperature of earth is Holmes: A Marxist Deconstruction Essay, increasing causing global warming which causes natural calamities.

Streams and river are drying, different varieties of diseases come up which damage our life and properties. Animals are disappearing which helps in balancing ecosystem. Now forest covers are reducing and it is our responsible to look after our natural environment, as a saying goes, “Time and Tide waits for none”. So, start working before it is too late. So lastly, plant is mankind, everything that we have comes from the of the act 2 Mother Nature. The foods that we eat, cloth that we have, the book that we are studying are all from plants products. As a saying goes, “Prevention is solutions, better the cure”. So now let us all join our hand to save our mother earth. -Essays Submitted by Sr.

Dzongkhag Forest Officer, Punakha.